Are you looking for a hearty vegan soup, that is feeling and warming? This vegetable black rice quinoa soup is very filling and has so much flavor.
- 1 cup quinoa soaked and cooked in 2 cups water for 15 minutes
- 1 cup black rice or wild rice per direction
- 3 large red potatoes organic or if not peeled and chopped
- 1 large yam organic or if not peeled
- 1/4 Green Cabbage chopped
- 1/4 Purple Cabbage chopped
- 1 Zucchini peeled and chopped
- 2 handfuls baby organic spinach
- 32 oz. Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups purified water
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp sherry wine vinegar
I soak my quinoa and black rice the night before and then cook them seperate while cooking the soup. Bring broth, water, spices and sherry wine vinegar to a boil while chopping all the vegetables. I like to add my yams and potatoes first since they take the longest to cook. Then I add the cabbages and when I am near the end with about 5 minutes left I add the zucchini and the spinach. Then last I add in the cooked quinoa and rice. We love to serve this with some fresh gluten free bread and coconut oil.