Fresh salsa is one of the best parts of summer, culture it and add some lime essential oil and it doesn’t get any better than this! This Essential Cultured Salsa is all fresh and filled with probiotics and live enzymes.
- 3- large ripe tomatoes, diced Organic if possible
- 2- small onion, finely chopped, I remove the outer layer and toss
- 1- jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 2- green bell pepper organic if possible
- 1- clove garlic, minced
- Handful fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1- tsp chili powder
- 1- tsp cumin
- 1 lime squeezed
- 2 drops Lime Essential Oil
- 1 toothpick tip of Black Pepper Essential Oil (you can add more just go slow, it is strong but love the aroma and flavor)
- 1 – tsp Celtic Sea Salt or Herbamare
- 3 tsp of raw honey
Make sure and wash all veggies well and buy organic when possible. If not organic I like to soak in a little vinegar and water and then rinse well. The essential oils are strong especially the Black Pepper so best to start out with a little and add if you need to. Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl. Mix well and either enjoy fresh or put in glass jars with 1/2 package of Culture Starter and let sit at room temp for 3 days. Then refrigerate and enjoy. When cultured it will last for months in fridge. We usually put some aside to eat fresh and the put the rest in a large glass jar and let it culture. Serve with organic corn chips or with any fiesta dish. It is addicting.