- 1 bunch Kale rinsed and chopped small
- 3 large beets either boiled or shredded thin and kept raw
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds raw or cooked in 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot shredded or diced
- 3 Tbsp Hemp Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar or if doing Body Ecology use Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp fresh basil, thyme, dill and oregano
- 1 tsp Herbamare
- 2 tsp raw honey or grade B maple syrup
If you want to cook the beets bring them to a boil an hour before you start the salad. Peel the skin off and dice up. Or shred them thin in food processor. Toss pumpkin seeds on medium heat in pan with 1 tsp coconut oil until start to brown stirring a lot. Wash the Kale, Cucumber and Carrots the chop up and set aside. When beets and seeds have cooled a bit combine and toss with dressing.
I really do think beets are beautiful, such a vibrant red with the beautiful rings of art throughout.