Pecan flour is a great substitute for almond flour if you are looking to change things up. We grind our own pecans in the coffee grinder to make brownies, pancakes and breading for chicken. These Pecan Flour Brownies are really good and make a healthy dessert.
Another SCD find on a search through Pecana.bread.com
EGGLESS BROWNIES-pecan flour
- 3 cups Pecan Flour
- 2 pears (peeled and cored)
- 1/4 cup ghee (you can use butter or coconut butter)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In the food processor puree pears.
- Add ghee, baking soda, salt, vanilla, nutmeg. Process little longer.
- Add pecan flour and mix well.
- In the buttom of 8×8 cake form (I used pyrex glass) spread ghee and sprinkle little pecan flour.
- Pour the cake mixture and bake for about 45-50 min.
- Cool well before cutting into squares.