This is my new favorite super smoothie. After you have stocked up on all these ingredients it is really fast and easy to make. I keep all my berries, seeds and protein powder in my freezer and other powders in stainless steel cans on my counter for easy access. I can whip it up in less than 5 min.
- 8 oz purified water
- Large handful baby spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen organic cranberries
- 1/8 cup of any of the following berries (I use 4 different berries) – Huckleberries, Red Currents, Black Currents, Arconian Berries, Golden Currents, Lingonberries, Pomegranate. I have frozen bags of each of these in my freezer from Northwest Wild Foods.
- 1/8 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 TBSP Healthforce Nutritionals Warrior Chocolate or Vanilla Protein Powder or other protein powder of your choice.
- 1 TBSP Lucuma Powder – this is a superfood but also gives some sweetness
- 1/4 tsp Astragalus Powder
- 1 TBSP Sunflower Lecithin
- 1 tsp Lions Mane Mushroom Extract from Lost Empire Herbs
Put everything in Blender and blend until smooth. I put mine in a quart size jar with a lid and straw and take with me in the morning to sip on while driving.
Health Benefits of Some of the Ingredients:
Sunflower Lecithin Powder has Phosphatidyl Choline, the most abundant phospholipid in the cell membrane. It also naturally abounds in Phosphatidyl Inositol, Phosphatidyl Ethanolamine, and essential fatty acids. Lecithin aids in emulsifying fats, enabling them to be dispersed in water.
Lions Mane is a type of edible mushroom found on hardwoods in North America, Asia and Europe. This mushroom has astounding mental regenerative abilities, unlike any other mushroom. This makes it a potent nootropic for the enhancement of the mind. Read more benefits here.
Lucuma – Lucuma has been used for centuries in South America for its medicinal properties. It’s commonly known as the “Gold of the Incas”. It is full of antioxidants, vitamin B, minerals, fiber and carbohydrates and has a super low Glycemic index meaning it’s a great healthy sweetener.