From Grandma Jackie…… “I have missed the smell of yeast and yeasty things baking in the oven. This reminds me of growing up and Mom making bread and later as Dad took over the bread making and cinnamon rolls.”
DANISH ROLLS Adapted from Grandpa’s Kitchen
1 package yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar (for the yeast)
1 1/2 cup Grandpa’s Kitchen GF flour (or your choice)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vinegar
3 tbsp ghee, melted
- Melt ghee and set aside to cool, then combine flour, salt, baking powder in a separate bowl.
- In small bowl combine warm water, sugar and yeast and set aside until yeast is dissolved and very bubbly
- In large mixing bowl, mix eggs, sugar, cooled melted ghee, vinegar and yeast mixture. Add dry ingredients a little at a time on low speed until smooth. Mix two minutes on medium speed to fully incorporate
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, drop 6 mounds of dough and spread out slightly. Place 1 tbsp raspberry jam (or whatever filling you like)
- in the center of each.
- Let rise for 20 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Drizzle with icing after they have cooled slightly.
- Icing: vanilla, softened ghee and powdered sugar, almond or coconut milk
Recipe can easily be doubled. Can also be used to make buns or rolls for sandwiches or dinner, but I haven’t tried that