After many attempts to make gluten, dairy free crepes Keely and Grandma Jackie finally came up with this wonderful recipe. This will be a Moonlake cabin breakfast tradition.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 ¾ – 2 Cups of Almond Milk
- 2 TBSP Melted Ghee or Coconut Oil – We used Ghee but you could experiment with the coconut oil.
- Coconut Oil for oiling your pan.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl with electric mixer or use blender. Mix well. The batter will thicken more as you mix it. If it is too thick you can add a little more milk, the 1 ¾ worked well for us. We made about ours about 4 inches around.
- Cook on well oiled flat skittle, frying pan or crepe maker. We used Cuisinart 5 in 1 Griddler. You may want to add a little more coconut oil each time you put more on the griddle. Griddle should be hot.
- The crepes don’t brown so cook on one side until edges look crip and curl slightly. Flip over and continue cooking crepes.
- This recipe doubles well and the batter will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
- Ghee, Brown Sugar, Honey, Drizzled with Red Raspberry Syrup (Kodiak Brand)
- Endangered Species Hazelnut Spread with sliced Bananas
- Scrambled Eggs with melted Daiya Cheddar Cheese and Turkey Bacon
- Red Raspberry Syrup with fresh Blueberries
- Strawberries with Coconut Whipped Cream with Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips