This Coconut Thai Quinoa Soup was stumbled upon by accident tonight when I went to make a different soup and didn’t have the main ingredients. It is really good.
- 1 cup Quinoa soaked overnight and cooked ahead of time (this is so the quinoa doesn’t soak up all your liquid)
- 1 can full fat Coconut Milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 crowns broccoli
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – we had a mix of yellow and red
- Dash of Coconut Aminos
- 1 lime squeezed or 1/2 lemon – we had lemon but wanted lime
- 4 drops Lime Essential Oil
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
Cook quinoa ahead of time while chopping veggies. I leave the cherry tomatoes whole. Bring vegetable broth and coconut milk to a simmer and add all the veggies, just simmer with lid on for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add Coconut Aminos, lime or lemon juice and lime essential oil (optional but really adds to it). We serve the quinoa in the bottom of the bowl and then pour the soup over it.
My favorite coconut milk is Nature’s Value Organic and I get a case from Azure Standard. If you are not familiar with them they specialize in natural, organic, earth-friendly foods and products. They deliver directly to customers, buying clubs and retailers by semi truck and UPS. Here is a link if you want to check them out: https://www.azurestandard.com/