- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (I have Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed or chia seed
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup organic sugar or you can substitute Lakanto if staying away from sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons organic applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups Enjoy Life or Chocolate Dream chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Use a nonstick baking mat or line a baking sheet with parchment.
First combine all dry ingredients: oats, flour, ground flax, sugar or lakanto, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon, coconut and salt. Stir and combine well.
In a seperate bowl combine the coconut oil, applesauce and vanilla. If your applesauce is coming from the fridge or your coconut oil is solid you will want to melt and heat up slightly in a pan on the oven.
Mix in the wet to the dry, mix well and then add in the chocolate chips. Drop Tablespoon balls onto baking sheet.
Bake for 15-16 minutes or watch until slightly browned. Let cool and enjoy! I keep my in the fridge, they are my favorite chilled with a glass of Almond milk.